Hey you, this is caliblog, all of this is based on a true story... all of this is our lives my life in a nutshell.

so far, so good

posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 by

yay! today is a good day. :) the sun is shining! life is good.

mike is totally frustrated with me and my lack of writing posts for caliblog... so here i go... attempting to please my man.

i had to babysit 2 hours later than normal today so i actually got to sleep in a bit and get up and ready at my leisure which is so much better than my usual jumping up 10 min before i have to be there and running out the door all disheveled and with out breakfast. so that was nice... when i got here, it was just in time to put nick down for his big nap of the day (about 2 hrs) so i have some time to myself... which is nice... so here i am writing. sitting out by the back porch where the sun is shining next to the pool.. the house is quiet. :) ahhh....

plus today is friday which means tomorrow is my (one) day off! i love my day off.

mike and i have lots of good news.... first, my mom is coming out visit! yay! i'm so excited. i thought for sure she wasn't going to be able to because she only had a few specific days she could come and it was looking like affordable tickets would be hard to find, but yesterday... right before i went to work, i found some cheap tickets and booked them for her :) so she is coming.. may 24th - 29th. so far she is really the only person to come and visit me (mike's brother and his friend tim have come to see him, but that's about it). she has been out 2 other times but the first time was just a one day lay-over she and ray had on thier way to see my god-mother in new zealand. and the second time, was a very nice visit, but it was only her (ray wasn't able to come), so this time it will be her and ray for almost 5 whole days! (but for those of you counting - dad, emily, mike's mom, and mike's dad - that is 3 times... that's right ... 3 times!)

anyway... mike has really good news too but i'll let him tell you... it's only fair.

so we may be doing some celebrating tonight. :) hmmm... what should we do?

also i gave my boss my official letter or resignation last night. me last day at ikea is june 1st. basically i'm just taking 3 months off. my manager and the head of the HR department both okayed my taking a leave of absence but my manager's manager said no... 3 months was too long to hold my spot. so i have to go through the process of terminating and being rehired on sept 4th. uhg... but my manager says that won't be a problem at all. oh... what will i be doing for 3 months you ask? oh.. right. well, the first part of june i'll be biking and helping mike with the pedal pilot and after that, while my uncle thurm is in Wisconsin, i'll be watching nick full time (something like, mon-fri. 8-6) so... yeah... i'll be a bit busy. if everything goes right i'll have my dog walking business off the ground by then and my not even need to go back to ikea :) - keep your fingers crossed!

ok... that's all i can think of to write about. let's hope the rest of my day keeps going this good! bye.



2 comments for so far, so good

and Blogger Mike Ambs was all like...

Yay. Amanda speaks.

  11:29 PM, May 05, 2006
and Blogger Judy was all like...

What's Mike's good news?

  10:50 AM, May 10, 2006

Post a Comment

Take me back to the main page