Hey you, this is caliblog, all of this is based on a true story... all of this is our lives my life in a nutshell.

"channels"

posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 by

I don't know how many of you out there noticed - but under the "movies archives" menu, there is now two new links: the first being the 'vlog channel' and the second being the 'shorts channel'. What are these links and what are channels?

Well, I'm still learning myself - about the channels that is, I know what the links are - a channel is almost exactly what it is on a TV, except it's a bit of an RSS feed, which means anyone can watch it... and you can put anything you want on it. It's 100% yours. Your own mini-TV broadcasting station, so to speak.

I mostly started experimenting with it because a friend of mine, Eric, and I are planning on starting a show together - he managed to land a deal with MTV, but they are turning out to be a real pain in the ass - and he's kind of decided to take his material and broadcast it online instead. That will teach 'em.


Actually... I'm waiting for something in the bedroom to finish rendering & exporting in Quicktime and then I need to go edit a commercial we filmed last week.


But back to the subject at hand: "channels". Click on the links and check them out, I think they're pretty nifty... and eventually they might completely replace the drop menu I have now for the video clips on caliblog. Maybe.

If you want to get the most out of the channels, I recommend clicking here and checking out the Democracy Player.

(PS) This video has been sitting on my desktop the last two weeks, I might as well post it here or I'll just keep putting it off. It's just a test I did with the time elapse.